- OTRS_BACKUP_TIME: Sets the backup excecution time, in cron format. If set to “disable” automated backups will be disabled.
- OTRS_BACKUP_TYPE: Sets the type of backup, it receives the same values as the OTRS backup script:
- fullbackup: Saves the database and the whole OTRS home directory (except /var/tmp and cache directories). This is the default.
- nofullbackup: Saves the database and the whole OTRS home directory (except /var/tmp and cache directories).
- dbonly: Only the database will be saved.
- OTRS_BACKUP_COMPRESSION: Sets the backup compression method to use, also it receives the same values as the OTRS backup script (gzip|bzip2). The default is gzip.
- OTRS_BACKUP_ROTATION: Sets the number of days to keep the backup files. The default is 30 days.
So for example, to change the backup time to database only backups, compress them using _bzip2_ and run twice each day set those variables on your docker-compose.yml file like this:
OTRS_BACKUP_TIME=”0 12,12 * * *”
This feature is available since the 6.0.15 build.
To restore a backup file (not necessarily created with this container) the following environment variables must be added to docker-compose.yml (or env file if using one as you should do):
- OTRS_INSTALL=restore Will restore the backup specified by OTRS_BACKUP_DATE environment variable.
- OTRS_BACKUP_DATE is the backup name to restore. It can have two values:
- Uncompressed backup: A directory with its name in the same date_time format that the OTRS backup script uses.
- Compressed backup file: A gzip tarball of the previously described directory with the backup files. These tarballs are created by this container when doing a backup.